I feel compelled to write and thank you for your seminar yesterday. I found the material interesting, informative and more importantly accessible. I truly thank you for your help.
20 Ways to Market your Franchise
Marketing a small business can be tough and expensive. It’s a major reason why many people opt to buy a franchise. The promise of brand building and lead generation by the franchisor offers instant relief to a franchisee not clued up on marketing. But relying solely on your franchisor for lead generation can be suicidal. It makes sense to supplement the big guys marketing activities with your own. And it might even be fun! Try some of these simple marketing ideas in your local area:
So next time leads seem to be drying up, don’t complain to head office - take marketing matters into your own hands!
- Join a local business networking group
- Set up a booth at the local fete
- Sponsor your kids sporting team
- Put an advert in the school newsletter
- Advertise in the local paper
- Put out an A-frame board at the job site you're working on
- Hold a fundraising sausage sizzle
- Send in a news story with photo to the local paper
- Enter the local small business awards
- Get a speaking gig with the local Rotary Club
- Start your own blog on wordpress
- Get networked on LinkedIn
- Hold a competition and offer a prize for the winner
- Host an event and invite a well known local identity to speak
- Get a booth at an industry exhibition
- Do a PO Box drop with a special offer
- Start an email list and send customers regular special offers
- Dress up and hand out flyers where large crowds gather
- Start a business mastermind group for referrals
- Offer a loyalty card or discount vouchers for repeat buyers.
TIP: Avoid the scattergun approach and don’t try them all. Pick three or four tactics you feel really comfortable with, do them well, refine and repeat. Before undertaking any of these activities, it'll pay to check with your franchisor.
NB: If you're a franchisor and interested in offering your franchisees their own customised Franchisee Marketing Toolkit, contact us for a consultation. Email firstname.lastname@example.org
Subscribe to Get
WEBSITE DESIGN BY PIPER DIGITAL MARKETING